Today, I spent some time out in our backyard with the camera. Everything is suddenly in full bloom and growth mode. It's insane. The grass grows about 5 inches in a week, and is a soft, thick carpet. It's hard to believe that the rose bushes were just 1 foot tall bare sticks 2 months ago, and now have monstrous roses on them. TONS of them.
We have irises too -
But the most impressive thing? The plum trees. Holy hell, we are going to have a plum season like no other. The trees are chock full of these little guys. We have two trees and this is just a photo of a tiny portion of one of them. These trees have given us some of the best tasting plums we've ever had.
Apparently, I need to learn canning so I can make some kick ass jam. (If any AVers are going to want some, let me know and I'll notify you when they are ready to be picked!)
I really want to plant some more trees that I hopefully can't kill. I seem to kill flowers (except for the roses that were already here when we bought the house). Maybe some avocado, grapefruit and oranges?
Spring has sprung here and life is good.
2 comments:
oh how I wish I were there! Roses are spectacular, aren't they? And your iris are gorgeous. Photos are fabulous. I love your new camera.
Wondering if you can ship the plums. LOL Or get a dehydrator and make prunes!
Man, my plum tree isn't nearly as prolific. I get one or two little plums that never mature. Now strawberries... I got a lot of those.
Plus, my word verification is close enough to Gob Bluth to make me happy.
Post a Comment