Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 8 and stuff.

I'm kicking ass so far on my sugar challenge.  It's day 8, and I have not eaten any of my usual sweet treats!  Now, I have developed a slight love for honey on my Greek yogurt, but I'm thinking that a little bit of honey instead of all of the other junk I was eating is ok.  Right?!  I have switched back to black coffee or iced coffee with soy milk for my daily caffeine fix.  I'm still loving the Clementines, as well as apples and Craisins.  I feel better and better every day.  I probably should have weighed myself when I started this whole thing because I have a feeling I'm losing weight from dumping the extra calories. 

FREAKOUT.  It is 10 days until Christmas, and I have only finished one of the five gifts I am knitting for my family.  ONE.  Uh oh.  I'm 3/4 done with two others, and I haven't even cast on the last two.  I'm starting to worry - I'm thinking this weekend will be totally dedicated to my projects.  I'm looking forward to being able to post photos of the finished gifts after Christmas.

I managed to find time in November to participate in a little spinning challenge set up by my favorite Ravelry pen pal, Kippiann.  The challenge was to spin some god-awful neon green and red, er, wool, and make an ornament for a secret partner.  Kippi and I ended up with each other as partners, and I received this crazy adorable monster girl with pigtails and even a flower.



Here is the "cute" little bunny (or as Brian said, "WHAT IS THAT?! An alien?!") I made for her. This is her pretty photo. 

and today, I got another package from Kippi containing an adorable snowman and edible snowman poop (Ha!!), plus a WPI tool.  Cute! 


4 comments:

Lorena said...

I love the snowman!! and poop??!

lisa/wabi sabi yarns said...

No sugar, I'm impressed! When I did no-sugar I became addicted to dates which I'm not sure was that much better. I love your little rabbit! 9 days til x-mas now, oh no!

kippi said...

You totally rock. Nine days already, it seems like just yesterday you started. Who put the fast forward on the time machine?

Adorable photos. It was my pleasure to be your spin pal.

Ten days until Christmas? I'm screwed.

limejuicy said...

Lorena - the poop is dehydrated marshmallows, made by Kippi!