Oh.Em.Gee. I'm writing this in a sugar induced crash....seriously, my sugar addiction has spiraled out of control. I think about it constantly and I will often eat sweets until my stomach hurts. The cravings are ridiculous. I'm now getting headaches if I don't have a sugar fix in the afternoon. I'm totally embarrassed about it and I'm hoping that by outing myself it will be motivation to stick with my plan.
What's the plan you ask? Sugar decontamination!
The rules: No sugary treats, candy, coffee drinks, etc.
The time frame: 30 days with cheat days being Christmas and my birthday.
Coping strategies:
- Carry fruit and nuts in my purse for cravings
- Increase exercise to at least 30 min/day
- Increase water intake to at least 80 oz/day
- I still get my coffee dammit. Just sans any syrups or chocolate.
I sure as hell hope this will reset my bodies "need" for sweets. Anyone have any other helpful strategies?
Yup, I can't believe I'm posting this.
2 comments:
You actually might try a reduction/tapering off technique. That's what I did when I realized almost anything sugary makes me not feel well. You might allow yourself the sweet drink (with reduced syrup amounts?) every other day the first week and then just twice a week the second week and then not at all. And I carry Mojo bars with me ALWAYS! When my sugar gets low, I'm a wreck, so I always, always have healthy snacks with me. I also use mixed nuts with maybe a couple M&Ms thrown in (but less than what's in trail mix). The result for me is that I only have sugar in my coffee once a day and that's pretty much it...no more cookies, cake, etc. and I don't crave it anymore like I used to. Then, when I DO have something sweet, I can't hardly eat it because it's so strong & my head starts spinning almost right away.
It's totally doable...just don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Put it behind you and focus on making the current day the best it can be!!
You can do it! I was just reading this interesting blog about a guy who....well, go there and read it.
http://www.vanadia.com/
You could try the kippi diet...look at it and only eat it if you know I could eat it.
Post a Comment