Ready for a progress report?? I swear, this sugar thing has been ruling my week. It has been so hard to resist because I had such a sugar routine going. If I was home in the afternoon, I'd always grab a few cookies after lunch. Same thing at dinner. And then I'd usual have some dark chocolate at like 9pm with my tea. So basically, I had 3 routines to kick, not to mention my morning splurges of pumpkin spice lattes - and I DID IT!
I'm finally starting to feel better. I have more energy, and less cravings. Yesterday I picked up a box of Clementine oranges and used those as my cookies substitute. I didn't do so well on the exercise portion of my rules because I felt so awful at first. However, today I just walked 3 miles with the dogs, so I got my exercise in, so I think that's on the upswing.
I'm thinking that I will probably go back to my "sugar Sundays!" routine in a couple of weeks, after the holidays. I love sweets and don't want to deprive myself totally and I don't see anything wrong with having a splurge a week. I really just needed to hit the reset button on my body, and it looks like it's working! Woot! And, the other plus is that I've probably cut out AT LEAST 500 calories a day! Double woot!
3 comments:
Go you! Fruit smoothies always help me cut out the sugar. Sometimes I'll put it in the freezer until it's the consistency of froyo to trick myself into thinking I'm having ice cream or sorbet. Seeing all your WIP makes me want to pick up my needles again, I wish there was a group in my area that wasn't 30 minutes from my house.
It's just another Sugar Sunday
That's my fun day
My eat sugar and not run day.
So how did today go?
Yazmena - fruit smoothies are a good idea, thanks! I think you should start your own knitting group. seriously, do it!
Kippi - this weekend went great. I didn't cave to my cravings (even after watching Cake Boss!). I did however indulge in a bit too much coffee sans sugar today. :)
Post a Comment