Brian hasn't had much work in the last couple of weeks, so he has been out in the shop playing with metal. He's decided to try his hand at shawl pins, because I mentioned that knitters can always use a pretty shawl pin. Today, he created a beautiful damascus piece - which is layers upon layers of steel that create a beautiful pattern in the metal. He makes his own damascus billets, and uses them to produce different pieces. He's looking for feedback on this pin, as well as what other types, shapes, sizes of pins people would be interested in. Hopefully, some of you have a few minutes to leave him some feedback on his blog post (or here!). More photos are there as well. ironstein forge
6 comments:
Wow. That's SUPER pretty. :)
I LOVE the shawl pin! I am a huge fan of all metalwork anyway, but the simplicity of the piece is perfect for a shawl with bright colors or a complicated design.
I'd take one for sure!
Oh my gosh, Sarah! That is gorgeous!! He did an amazing job. I love the shape. Simplistic perfection! Count me in for one. ;)
I love how simple they are. Just perfect...
Beautiful!
I saw on his page he made a heart one! So cute! If I had a shawl I would totally buy one. LOVED the roses too, so cool.
Post a Comment